A fashion choker is a close-fitting necklace worn around the neck. Chokers can be made from a variety of materials, including metal, cloth, plastic, bead, or leather. They are often decorated with beads, jewels, or charms.
Chokers have been in fashion for centuries. In the late 1800s and early 1900s, chokers were commonly worn by wealthy women as a symbol of status. In the 1960s and 1970s, chokers became associated with punk rock and goth subcultures. Today, chokers are worn by people of all ages and backgrounds as a fashion statement.
Chokers in Africa
In many African cultures, fashion chokers are worn as a sign of royalty and wealth. In some tribes, chokers are only worn by married women. In the Masai culture, for example, chokers are made from beaded metal and are worn to show that a woman is married. In the Ndebele culture, chokers are made from brightly-colored beads and are worn by young girls before they are married.
Should You Wear A Choker?
Chokers are making a big comeback in the fashion world, and we’re not mad about it. Fashion chokers in Kenya are therefore becoming sought after. These dainty pieces can add a touch of elegance to any outfit, whether you’re dressing up for a night out or keeping it casual for the daytime. But before you go choker-crazy, there are a few things you should know about this trendy accessory.
For starters, chokers can be uncomfortable if they’re too tight. You should be able to slip two fingers under your choker without much resistance. If you can’t, it’s probably too tight and you might want to size up.
Another thing to keep in mind is that chokers can accentuate your neckline, so if you’re self-conscious about your neck or shoulders, you might want to steer clear of this trend.
If you’re still on the fence about chokers, why not give them a try? They’re a fun and easy way to add a little something extra to your outfit. Just be sure to choose a style that flatters your neckline and is comfortable to wear.
10 Tips To Wear Chokers The Right Way
1. Choose the right choker for your outfit. If you’re wearing a dress or something formal, go for a simple, dainty choker. If you’re going for a more casual look, try a thicker choker or one with some embellishments.
2. Don’t overdo it with other jewelry. Chokers can make a statement on their own, so you don’t need to wear a lot of other jewelry with them. A pair of earrings or a simple bracelet will do.
3. Let your choker be the star of the show. When wearing a choker, keep the rest of your makeup and hair simple. You don’t want to take away from the choker by wearing too much else.
4. Put it on the right way. Make sure the choker is not too tight and that the closure is in the back. You don’t want it to be so tight that it’s uncomfortable or so loose that it falls off.
5. Choose a choker that flatters your neckline. If you have a long neck, go for a shorter choker. If you have a short neck, try a longer choker or one with some dangling embellishments.
6. Don’t be afraid to mix and match styles. You can wear a dainty choker with a more casual outfit or dress up a thicker choker with something more formal.
7. Consider your outfit’s neckline. If you’re wearing a low-cut top or dress, choose a choker that sits higher on your neck to avoid showing too much skin.
8. Layer chokers for a unique look. Try wearing two or three chokers of different lengths and styles for an eye-catching look.
9. Accessorize wisely. If you’re wearing a choker with other jewelry, make sure it doesn’t crash. Coordinate metals and colors to create a cohesive look.
10. Have fun with it! Chokers are a great way to add some personality to your look. So don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles and find the one that best suits you.
Different Types Of Chokers To Find In The Market
1) Lace chokers– As the name suggests, these chokers are made of delicate lace which gives a feminine look. They are perfect to be worn with summer dresses and off-shoulder tops.
2) Velvet chokers– These chokers are made of soft velvet fabric and are quite comfortable to wear. They add a touch of elegance to any outfit and are perfect for formal occasions.
3) Rhinestone chokers– If you want to add some sparkle to your outfit, then opt for a rhinestone choker. They are perfect for parties and other special occasions.
4) Pearl chokers– Pearl chokers are classic and timeless. They can elevate any outfit and make you look more sophisticated.
5) Silver chokers- Silver chokers are perfect if you want to make a bold statement. They go well with both casual and formal outfits.
So, these are some of the different types of chokers that you can find in the market. Now that you know about them, go ahead and experiment with different styles to find the one that best suits you.
Beauty Kenya fashion chokers are the latest trend in the chokers market. They are made of high-quality materials and come in a variety of colors, sizes, and designs.
Kenya chokers are perfect for any occasion, whether you’re dressing up for a party or just want to add some personality to your everyday look.
So, if you’re looking for a new choker to add to your collection, be sure to check out Beauty Kenya’s fashion chokers. You won’t be disappointed!
33 thoughts on “Fashion Chokers In Kenya – All You Need To Know”
This is really nice and interesting.I have indeed liked the content.I have learnt something new.I will recommend it to anyone interested.
This is indeed a great content
Mmmh.. Very informative article. I too have indeed seen this trend a lot of late with women and wondered how it has become so sought after. I read somewhere, too that women from some tribes in far East Asia wear metallic rings around their necks from early ages to elongate their necks as a sign of beauty. Are those still under the category of chokers too?
Hi Turk, thanks for your feedback. Neck elongation is a beauty practice that has been deeply cemented in the culture of many tribes in Kenya and away. It just shows the extent that people will go to, to achieve that ultimate look that is ‘acceptable’ in society. And of course, chokers were/are used to achieve that long neck
I love fashion.Those chokers are just the best. It looks nice when you wear them.
This is an amaizing website that tells people how to wear chokers and its symbolism, super amaizing to go through the different varieties
I have most certainly learnt so much about chokers,a common fashion accessory among the Maa community,the options are awesome for women who love to look good!
Wow, this article has given me insight on chockers I love it.
The maa community always really look dope on those chokers for real, Now that I have learned more about chokers, I can say they are really adorable and anyone who can be interested in it can go for it cause it’s beautiful.
The tips on chokers are awesome. I completely agree with you. Chokers are now an active fashion addition.
This article has given me a positive picture of Chockers I must say I never liked them but after reading this I feel kinda I must try Chockers
I love them already ,they look beautiful and am interested in purchasing one.a very interesting and educative artical
I never knew anything about chokers until I read this blog. So informative and comprehensive.
Thanks for sharing
Wow! This an amazing website
very helpful blog. I’ve always found ladies’ chokers very beautiful, especially the traditional Masai ones.
This is the kind of content that I would describe as informative and fashionable especially for me as a young woman who have always struggled with styling and purchasing of chockers. At least I now have an idea on what and how to wear them.
This is really Amazing! I have gained knowledge on the Chokers.
have most certainly learnt so much about chokers,now am better equipped to find the perfect gift for a perfect someone.thanks so much
This is indeed a great content. I like it
Thanks for informative article on Kenya fashion.
Thanks for the informative video on Kenya beautiful fashion.
Thanks for the insight into chokers, it gives me ideas on what to buy for my loved one next time I’m shopping.
Interesting information I have learnt some history of chockers and now I can wear them with pride
Rhinestone chokers are the best for me, they go so well with all my casual outfits.
Such an intriguing piece! Who knew they are different choker designs. Indeed the fashion industry is evolving and chokers have not been left behind. Thank you Beauty Kenya for enlightening us and giving us tips on how to wear them.
Great in-depth coverage of the whole scope of chokers as a fashion accessory as well as the cultural aspect of them. Definitely authentic and enlightening too.
Thank you for this great information on chokers.this will be of great benefit especially in deciding which type of choker to buy for my loved one.
I liked the African communities part, it made chokers seem less foreign 🙂
Very informative, It’s fascinating to learn how chokers first came about around and how they have changed over the years.Having stood the test of time, it’s evident that chokers are a true fashion icon– and these facts surely tell us that chokers will be around for many years to come.
Really great information on the chokers promoting Africa fashion to the world keep up with the great ideas
This blog has helped me alot it is very informative, It’s fascinating to learn how chokers first came about around and how they have changed over the years.Having stood the test of time, it’s evident that chokers are a true fashion icon– and these facts surely tell us that chokers will be around for many years to come.
When I thought chokers are all about the western world this article brings more light that it is part of our African communities and I should embrace it as part of my accessories.
Wow! I did not chokers had a history tracing back to the1800’s. Very helpful article with impeccable information. Thumbs up!.