A fashion choker is a close-fitting necklace worn around the neck. Chokers can be made from a variety of materials, including metal, cloth, plastic, bead, or leather. They are often decorated with beads, jewels, or charms.
Chokers have been in fashion for centuries. In the late 1800s and early 1900s, chokers were commonly worn by wealthy women as a symbol of status. In the 1960s and 1970s, chokers became associated with punk rock and goth subcultures. Today, chokers are worn by people of all ages and backgrounds as a fashion statement.
Chokers in Africa
In many African cultures, fashion chokers are worn as a sign of royalty and wealth. In some tribes, chokers are only worn by married women. In the Masai culture, for example, chokers are made from beaded metal and are worn to show that a woman is married. In the Ndebele culture, chokers are made from brightly-colored beads and are worn by young girls before they are married.
Should You Wear A Choker?
Chokers are making a big comeback in the fashion world, and we’re not mad about it. Fashion chokers in Kenya are therefore becoming sought after. These dainty pieces can add a touch of elegance to any outfit, whether you’re dressing up for a night out or keeping it casual for the daytime. But before you go choker-crazy, there are a few things you should know about this trendy accessory.
For starters, chokers can be uncomfortable if they’re too tight. You should be able to slip two fingers under your choker without much resistance. If you can’t, it’s probably too tight and you might want to size up.
Another thing to keep in mind is that chokers can accentuate your neckline, so if you’re self-conscious about your neck or shoulders, you might want to steer clear of this trend.
If you’re still on the fence about chokers, why not give them a try? They’re a fun and easy way to add a little something extra to your outfit. Just be sure to choose a style that flatters your neckline and is comfortable to wear.
10 Tips To Wear Chokers The Right Way
1. Choose the right choker for your outfit. If you’re wearing a dress or something formal, go for a simple, dainty choker. If you’re going for a more casual look, try a thicker choker or one with some embellishments.
2. Don’t overdo it with other jewelry. Chokers can make a statement on their own, so you don’t need to wear a lot of other jewelry with them. A pair of earrings or a simple bracelet will do.
3. Let your choker be the star of the show. When wearing a choker, keep the rest of your makeup and hair simple. You don’t want to take away from the choker by wearing too much else.
4. Put it on the right way. Make sure the choker is not too tight and that the closure is in the back. You don’t want it to be so tight that it’s uncomfortable or so loose that it falls off.
5. Choose a choker that flatters your neckline. If you have a long neck, go for a shorter choker. If you have a short neck, try a longer choker or one with some dangling embellishments.
6. Don’t be afraid to mix and match styles. You can wear a dainty choker with a more casual outfit or dress up a thicker choker with something more formal.
7. Consider your outfit’s neckline. If you’re wearing a low-cut top or dress, choose a choker that sits higher on your neck to avoid showing too much skin.
8. Layer chokers for a unique look. Try wearing two or three chokers of different lengths and styles for an eye-catching look.
9. Accessorize wisely. If you’re wearing a choker with other jewelry, make sure it doesn’t crash. Coordinate metals and colors to create a cohesive look.
10. Have fun with it! Chokers are a great way to add some personality to your look. So don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles and find the one that best suits you.
Different Types Of Chokers To Find In The Market
1) Lace chokers– As the name suggests, these chokers are made of delicate lace which gives a feminine look. They are perfect to be worn with summer dresses and off-shoulder tops.
2) Velvet chokers– These chokers are made of soft velvet fabric and are quite comfortable to wear. They add a touch of elegance to any outfit and are perfect for formal occasions.
3) Rhinestone chokers– If you want to add some sparkle to your outfit, then opt for a rhinestone choker. They are perfect for parties and other special occasions.
4) Pearl chokers– Pearl chokers are classic and timeless. They can elevate any outfit and make you look more sophisticated.
5) Silver chokers- Silver chokers are perfect if you want to make a bold statement. They go well with both casual and formal outfits.
So, these are some of the different types of chokers that you can find in the market. Now that you know about them, go ahead and experiment with different styles to find the one that best suits you.
Beauty Kenya fashion chokers are the latest trend in the chokers market. They are made of high-quality materials and come in a variety of colors, sizes, and designs.
Kenya chokers are perfect for any occasion, whether you’re dressing up for a party or just want to add some personality to your everyday look.
So, if you’re looking for a new choker to add to your collection, be sure to check out Beauty Kenya’s fashion chokers. You won’t be disappointed!