Jewelry made of stainless steel is greatly valued not because of style versatility but also because it does not rust or corrode. Most people will wear stainless steel pieces without having to worry about earring allergy. Jewelry made of steel alloy will most likely contain chromium; and it lasts a long time. Beauty Kenya is a leading seller of stainless steel jewelry in Kenya and the larger East Africa.
With all the above in mind however, every piece of jewelry has to be maintained properly; even stainless steel. This is to ward away possible scratching and staining. Overall, keeping your pieces in good condition will require a little bit of effort.
Best Way To Clean Stainless Steel Jewelry
Good news is that cleaning your stainless steel jewelry is simple and does not require a lot of things. You need some warm water, clean cloth and some mild soap – dish-washing soap will do. In Kenya, not many people will remember to clean their stainless steel jewelry but, it is absolutely critical to keep your sparklers in top shape.
1. Pour some warm water in a small bowl and then add your mild soap. It does not have to be a fancy soap even your normal ‘kipande’ will do. Just create a mild foam.
2. Dip the soft cloth in the water and clean your stainless steel gently. Make sure to cover all surfaces until it is clean.
3. Use clean warm water and a soft cloth to wipe off the soap residue left on the jewelry.
4. Using a clean dry towel, get rid of all the water and then leave your jewelry to dry in open air.
5. If you have jewelry polish or a polishing cloth, shine your piece until it is sparkling clean. People who have the habit of using toothpaste to polish their jewelry risk damaging the piece because toothpaste contains abrasive elements like silica.
6. If you don’t mind spending a few extra coins, you can buy a stainless steel cleaner available in the market. Make sure to follow all care instructions if you go this direction.
7. How you store your stainless steel jewelry is paramount to how long they last and how well they look. Avoid storing with other metals. This is to avoid scratching. Keep all stainless steel pieces separately in a single bag.
Do you have any problems maintaining your stainless steel jewelry, share with us?